Hair loss is a common problem. There are several reasons-it can happen due to vitamin deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, and genetics. Other medical conditions like thyroid problems may also result to thinning hair. There’s no instant remedy that can promote new hair growth, but studies have revealed that some herbs can prevent hair loss.
Scroll down to learn how these herbal solutions can improve your hair growth. At the same time, talk with a doctor before including herbs to your daily routine mainly if your hair loss in caused by a medical problem.
Best 10 Herbs To Curb Hair Loss And Thinning:
Here are the best remedies:
1. Chinese Hibiscus:
Chinese Hibiscus has vibrant, edible flowers to prepare herbal tea. This natural herb is known for stimulating hair follicles, increasing follicles volume, and boosting hair growth. It can add shine to dull hair to fight off gray hair.
- Heat carrier oil (olive oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, walnut oil) of your choice and add two hibiscus flowers. Keep heating for a few minutes.
- Set the oil aside to cool off.
- Apply the infused hibiscus oil onto scalp and hair.
- Massage onto scalp for 10 minutes and leave on for half an hour.
- Try this remedy twice a week for best results.
2. Coat Buttons or Tridax Daisy:
Coat buttons is a popular Ayurvedic herb and belong to the daisy family. It has potent antioxidants and boosts hair growth used along with other herbs.
- Heat any carrier oil of your choice with two coat button flowers.
- Continue to keep on heat for few minutes.
- Strain and leave aside to cool.
- Apply the infused oil into your scalp and hair.
3. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera can stimulate a healthy scalp by balancing its sebum production and pH levels. This not only control hair loss but also boost re-growth.
- Break the aloe vera plant and extract its gel.
- Apply the scoop out gel onto your scalp.
- Leave the gel on your hair for one or two hours.
- Rinse off using a mild shampoo.
Basil or tulsi helps in rejuvenating hair follicles. Massaging this oil onto your scalp can not only nourish your hair but also boost blood circulation. The herb also contains magnesium and Eugenol which can improve the blood flow to the scalp.
- Dry the basil leaves in direct sunlight and grind them into a fine powder.
- Mix the basil powder in slightly warm olive oil.
- Extract out the oil and apply it to scalp and hair.
- Massage onto scalp for 10 minutes and leave the oil for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the oil off using a mild shampoo.
- The oil can be stored for 10 days in a refrigerator.
Gooseberry or amla is packed with minerals and Vitamin C which help in stimulation of hair growth and adding shine. This herbal juice when added with water can restore hair vitality, while providing shine. The gooseberry can also control dandruff, prevent hair fall, and gray hair.
- 2 to 3 tsp gooseberry powder
- Add gooseberry powder, lemon juice, and water to a bowl to form a smooth paste.
- Massage the paste onto your scalp and apply along the length of hair.
- Allow the oil to rest for half an hour.
- Rinse off using a mild shampoo.
Bhringraj is an effective herb for treating hair loss. It helps you achieve a healthy scalp and stimulate hair re-growth.
- Handful of Bhringraj leaves
- Chop the bhringraj leaves and heat on a flat pan with one cup coconut oil.
- Leave the oil on heat for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Once the oil cools off, part your hair and massage the oil onto scalp.
- Apply the oil down along the length of your hair.
- Leave the oil for 30 minutes.
7. Curry Leaves:
Curry leaves can help in preventing premature graying, boosting hair growth, and nourishing the scalp.
- Heat the oil and curry leaves in a pan until the oil turns brown.
- Allow the oil to cool off.
- Take the infused curry leaves oil and start massaging on your scalp.
- Leave this oil for one hour or overnight.
Reetha or soap nuts are packed with a natural cleanser known as Saponin. This greatly improves scalp health. This herb helps to keep your scalp healthy without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Soak the ingredients in three cups of water and leave on overnight.
- In the morning, boil the infused water.
- Allow the water to cool and mash the two ingredients.
- Use it to wash your hair in replacement of shampoo.
- The mixture will not lather like shampoo, so massage your scalp and hair.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes before you rinse off using water.
9. Lemon Grass:
Lemongrass provides a healthy scalp and strengthens hair follicles to give you lustrous, long hair.
- 2 to 4 tsp dried lemongrass
- Boil the lemongrass in a cup of water.
- Strain the liquid and use it as final rinse after shampooing hair.
- Try this solution twice a week for best results.
Ginseng is known for stimulating blood circulation and increasing the blood supply. It provides nutrition and strengthens hair follicles. This provides a healthy hair growth.
- 4 to 5 tsp Ginseng infused oil
- Pour the ginseng infused oil into a small bowl.
- Part your hair into section and deeply massage the oil onto scalp.
- Apply the oil into your hair along the length.
- Massage your scalp for 10 minutes.
- Leave the hair for 30 minutes extra and rinse off using shampoo.
Any of these 10 herbal remedies can help re-grow hair. So try these treatment options and achieve long, lustrous locks.